The existence of tuberculosis in meat has long been known. The sale of tuberculous meat was forbidden in Munich as early as 1730, and later, in other German cities. It is recorded in the recent work of Freidberger and Frohner that in 1677, twelve pupils in a Liepsic school contracted intestinal tuberculosis from eating infected meat. Sanitary laws of that day required the killing and destruction of tuberculous animals. Recent statistical data from foreign cities, where rigid inspection for tuberculosis of meat is made in slaughter houses, show the following percentage: Baden, one-half per cent. ; Munich, two-elevenths per cent. ; Berlin, four-fifths per cent. ; Paris, six per cent. Doctors Woodhead and Martin fed the raw meat of animals with tuberculous organs to pigs, guinea pigs and rabbits. Five out of fourteen pigs, two out of thirteen rabbits, and twenty- four out of one hundred and forty-five guinea pigs became tuberculous.